Thursday, March 15, 2012

Scrap buster headbands


     If you sew a lot, chances are, you have scraps coming out your ears! I toss the small stuff, but if its larger than 12 inches I just can't stand throwing it away. This is a quick and easy project to use some of it and make something pretty to wear while you are at it! You can also use trim, which is great if you have an addiction to buying pretty trims. I don't know anyone in this house that has that problem!
       Start with 18 inches of fabric or trim.


      Cut five inches of elastic.


       Sew (or hot glue) about 3/4 of an inch of the elastic onto the wrong side of your trim.


      Fold over the corners of the trim like you are wrapping a present.


      Sew a piece of ribbon down over top to hold the pieces in place.


      Wrap the ribbon around and secure the end with more stitching. Don't forget to put fray check on the cut edge of the ribbon. It should look like this.


      All done!

     Mix and match your options by sewing trim over top of a fabric strip.


     Braiding fabric is always an easy option to change the look up as well.


     If you haven't signed up for the MyMemories digital software giveaway yet, click HERE!! You totally don't want to miss this out on this one!!

Psalms 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.

3 comments:

  1. I have fallen in love with making my own headbands, since I wear them all the time. I buy interesting remainders just for small projects like this. In the picture, vaguely middle, the one with the gather in the middle, is that just a piece of trim wrapped? That's the one that really caught my eye!

    Mrs. White
    littlehomemadehousewife.blogspot.com
    ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so cute! I'd love to have you link this up to my party at http://scrapbookingez.blogspot.com/2012/03/anything-goes-linky-party_15.html. Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and cute! I love them! Great job!

    ReplyDelete